Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a return & refund Policy?
- Yes, Returns & Refunds are on a case by case basis and must be approved by authorized Philly Seaport Gift Shop staff. We have a 14-day return policy, which means you have 14 days after receiving your item to request a return. Requesting a return does not automatically guarantee a return or refund.
- A return or exchange will generally not include refund of your shipping costs. International customers will specifically responsible for all return shipping, insurance, and duties.
How does a return & refund work?
To be eligible for a return, your item must be in the same condition that you received it, unworn or unused, with tags, and in its original packaging. You’ll also need the receipt or proof of purchase.
To start a return, you can contact us at email@example.com, or by filling out the contact form on the Contact Us page. If your return is accepted, we’ll send you a return shipping label, as well as instructions on how and where to send your package. Items sent back to us without first requesting a return will not be accepted.
We will notify you once we’ve received and inspected your return, and let you know if the refund was approved or not. If approved, you’ll be automatically refunded on your original payment method. Please remember it can take some time for your bank or credit card company to process and post the refund too.
Are there exceptions on refunds and returns for certain items?
Yes. Certain types of items cannot be returned, like boat & sail plans, custom products (such as special orders or personalized items), and our Workshop on the Water/Boat Shop products. We also do not accept returns for hazardous materials, flammable liquids, or gases. Please get in touch if you have questions or concerns about your specific item.
Unfortunately, we cannot accept returns on sale items or gift cards.
What should I do if I receive a damaged product or experience any issues?
- Please inspect your order upon reception and contact us immediately if the item is defective, damaged or if you receive the wrong item, so that we can evaluate the issue and make it right.
What is the fastest way to exchange an item?
- The fastest way to ensure you get what you want is to return the item you have, and once the return is accepted, make a separate purchase for the new item.
- Please understand that certain items or sizes may be out of stock by the time you contact us, and an exchange may not be possible.
How long is shipping & delivery?
- Fulfillment & shipment can take up to 5-10 business days with an additional day or two for delivery based on which speed is chosen at check-out.
Am I able to track my package?
- Yes. You have the option to sign-up for text or email notifications that will alert you of your order's status. Once your order has shipped, an email with your tracking number and information will automatically be emailed to the emailed provided at check-out.
Do you accept custom orders?
- At this time we are unable to fulfill custom orders. If you have a suggestion for products or a comment on an existing product, we encourage you to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by filling out the contact form on the Contact Us page.
I'd love to see your stuff in person. Are these products available at the Museum?
- No. The products on our online gift shop are sold exclusively online.
In a few places it says "Coming Soon," what does that mean?
- What we have right now is just the beginning. We plan to continuously launch new collections as we are able to. Coming soon means we are currently working on that collection and will be made available soon.
Is there a way to stay updated with new products and other news and information?
- Yes, you can share your email or create an account and we will add you to our newsletter (newsletter coming soon).
Is there any type of special discount?
- Yes. For Museum members we offer a 10% discount and a one-time extra-special discount for becoming a new member!
- If you are already a member, you will receive your one-time extra-special discount for your first membership renewal.
- To become a Museum member, sign up here.
Are Gift Cards available?
- Yes, digital or e-gift cards are available. Unfortunately, at this time, physical/plastic gift cards are not available.
Where can I use ISM Online Gift Shop E-Gift Cards?
- You can you your ISM Online Gift Shop E-Gift Card ONLY on the ISM Online Gift Shop at giftshop.phillyseaport.org
Can I purchase Tickets to the Museum with a this gift card?
- No, you can you your ISM Online Gift Shop E-Gift Card ONLY on the ISM Online Gift Shop at giftshop.phillyseaport.org
- You can not use your E-Gift Card to purchase Museum Tickets, Paddle Penn's Landing Tickets, or other Museum related tickets and/or entry.
Can a Gift Card be used more than once?
Yes, provided there is still a balance remaining on the card.
Can more than one Gift Card be used towards a purchase?
Yes. A customer can redeem another gift card during checkout.
Can a gift card be used to buy a Gift Card?
- No, you can't use a gift card to buy another gift card.
Can a Gift Card be used to pay for shipping and taxes?
- Yes, gift cards are applied to the final order total which includes shipping and taxes.
Can gift cards be used in conjunction with a discount code?
- Yes, gift cards are a form of payment.
- However, gift card can not be bought with discounts or promotions.
Can I apply a refund to a Gift Card?
- Yes. If your customer used a gift card to pay for the purchase, then you can apply the refund to the gift card.
- The regular Refund Policy still applies with Gift Cards
Can Gift Cards be reloaded?
- No, you can't reload a gift card.
Can I check my Gift Card balance?
- The easiest way to check your balance is to add your ISM Online Gift Shop Gift Card to your Apple Wallet Pass where your balance should be displayed.
- Otherwise, the only way to check your balance is to contact the ISM Online Gift Shop and an associate will assist you.